Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chemicals in Your Cosmetics!

Babyheads!

How goes it?

Today, I'm going to go the "Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater" route and not really blog so much as just give you a very eye-opening link. This was sent to me by a good friend of mine (shout-out to Fiona! Thanks, buddy, luv ya!), and it's about the presence of certain toxic chemicals in your every-day cosmetics. Here is the link (through MSN's Green Living section), and you should give this a really good read through, and then go through your beauty stash to see what you need to get the hell off of your body, pronto!

http://green.sympatico.msn.ca/green-living-online-article.aspx?cp-documentid=1058819

One of the things that got me buying mostly organic and all natural cosmetics and products is not just the CF nature of those products, which has been a passion of mine for years. I started thinking - what am I washing down the drain when I wash my hair, my face, my clothes? What chemicals are leeching out into the soil and the water system? Now that greener options are dropping in price as they go more mainstream, it's easier to make a change for the better.

Within the above link, there are more links: one for a book with an eye-opening exposé about cosmetic chemical levels, a link to the Campaign For Safe Cosmetics, which you should absolutely click on and get involved in, and something called the Skin Deep database, which tells you the chemical levels of products you're using with their handy search function. That's gonna open your eyes! Luckily, you can sort by level number, and find safer alternatives.

Well, I've babbled enough today - you have some clicking and reading to do, my lovelies, so get to it! And remember, there's no amount of beauty that's worth the price of your health and well-being. You already are beautiful - just remember to stay that way by taking care of your body and your spirit first!

Much love,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment